Call for Papers
The University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) invites you to participate in the 5th National Conference on Open and Distance eLearning (NCODeL) to be held at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, Metro Manila, Philippines on 22-23 November 2017. The conference aims to provide venue for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), Technical Vocational Institutions and other educational institutions involved in Open and distance e-learning(ODeL) to share their experiences, practices and research conducted on open and distance e-learning.
Submit an Abstract
Make sure to read and follow the Submission Guidelines written below. Deadline for Submission is on 30 September 2017. You will be Notified on 15 October 2017.
THEME: “Philippine Education in the Age of Openness.”
Submission of abstracts
|30 September 2017|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||15 October 2017|
|Submission of full papers||30 October 2017|
|Early bird registration||15 October 2017|
Please be guided by the following submission guidelines for panel and paper proposals:
- ODeL practitioners and scholars who are interested in making a panel and paper presentation should submit an abstract:
- Panel Proposals – Submit a session abstract of not more than 350 words and individual paper abstracts (maximum of 350 words per abstract);
- Paper Proposals – submit an abstract of not more than 350 words.
- Both panel and paper abstract proposals should be research-based and should have not been accepted and/or presented for presentation at any professional meeting, nor be currently under review for presentation at another professional meeting.
- Abstracts are to be submitted online by 30 September 2017.
- Abstracts should be written in English, the official language of the event. The abstract must convey the topic’s importance and relevance to the conference theme.
The sub-themes are as follows:
- Open Educational Practices
- Technology in ODeL
- Quality Assurance in ODeL
- All papers will go through a double blind-review process.
- The first author of accepted abstracts of panel and paper proposal will be notified of the results of the review process by 15 October 2017.
- Authors are required to register for and attend the conference to present their paper if they are accepted. Only registered authors with accepted abstracts will be given a presentation slot. See Payment Details.
- Authors with an accepted abstract should submit a full paper by 30 October 2017. The full paper must be between 3,000 and 4,000 words (excluding the title and author’s details). For the detailed and camera-ready format, please refer to the sample paper attached. Full papers submitted will be included in the conference proceedings if at least one author has registered for the conference.